A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY
One person’s donation can save a life. There is no difference between saving lives and extending lives, because in both scenarios we are giving people the chance of more life. You have a chance to save lives!!
H E L P T O F I G H T C O R O N A
B E A N A N G E L T O T H O S E I N N E E D
Covid -19 pandemic is the biggest challenge that we are facing today.People are suffering for no fault of theirs.Scarcity of resources ,black marketing and fast changing mutant of Corona virus is giving us no chance to make situation better.What being mentioned above are parameters not in our hands but what we see as ray of hope is extending every bit of support in any form to help humanity cope up with this monster and win our fight against it.
Register from any corner of India. We will reach to the patient through our network.
IT’S YOUR TURN TO GIVE BACK TO SOCIETY
What is Plasma Donation & How it Helps
Plasma is the clear, straw-colored liquid portion of blood that remains after red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets and other cellular components are removed. It is the single largest component of human blood, comprising about 55 percent, and contains water, salts, enzymes, antibodies and other proteins.
Person in need is someone’s life. Help To Save that life.
What Is Plasma Donation
The plasma is seperated from the blood of the donor and other components like red blood cells,white blood cells and platelets are returned to the donor.This plasma contains antibodies which are produced in recovered patient while he was fighting with this deadly Covid -19 disease.
This plasma of a recovered patient is then transferred to covid 19 suffering patients as readymade source of antibodies thus helping the patient to recover fast and induce trigger in his/her body to produce more antibodies.
Who and When can Plasma be donated
- One who has tested positive for covid-19 can donate after 14 days of being discharged post recovery.
- Donor should be between age group of 18 years to 55 years.
- Minimum 55 kg Body weight.
- Minimum Haemoglobin level 12.5.
- Should not be suffering from any chronic diseases like tuberculosis,Cirrhosis,Hepatitis,Cancer etc.People having diabetes & hypertension are not recommended however if they are willing they should first check from their doctor and have all parameters under control and you should not be on medication like insulin etc.
- Any one who has gone for tooth extraction is not recommended for donation for coming 6 months
- Only Nulliparous (who has never been pregnant) women can go for plasma donation
- With in 4months of covid-19 infection so now those who were infected after 30th Dec 2020 can be donor post doctor consultation.
- Can go for donation after minimum gap of 15 days but preferred is 28 days.
- One time Donation helps two patients.
Let’s Break the Myths related to Plasma Donation
Will I get Weakness after plasma donation ?
No,It is similar to blood donation and infact in this only plasma is taken so no weakness.
Will my immune system become weak?
No, It has nothing to do with weakening of immune system
Will I gain weight after plasma donation ?
No,In fact the body burns very low calories to replace the plasma you donate.This calorie burning is so low that you hardly loose any weight also.
Will My blood level go down ?
No,the amount of blood taken for donation is so low in comparison to blood each individual has.Also the blood/Plasma regenration happens within 24 hr to 48 hrs.
Note : Any Plasma donation should be done after consultation with doctor and donation center.
Last Minute Preparations while you go for this Noble Cause
- Drink a lot of water or juice to be completely hydrated before going for plasma donation.
- Inform center/doctor that you have had ongoing medical procedure.
- Inform center/Doctor that you have gotten a tattoo or piercing with in last 12 months.
- Inform center /doctor that you are taking prescription or are under a specialist’s consideration for any ailment.
- Do not consume heavy meals or smoke before plasma donation.
- Advised not to take any medication like pain relieving tablet etc for 48 hrs prior to donation .For any specific medicine that you are having currently consult your doctor.
- Should not consume alcohol for at least 24hrs to 48 hrs before going for donation.
- Any plasma donation should be done after consulting doctor and donation center.
“Who needs a miracle when you have the best set of plasma donors.”
Also Read:COVID-19 ADVICE (Home Qurantine )